Surface 3 impresses regular folk

Surface 3 side viewEven with Microsoft’s marketing push non-techies don’t seem to be familiar with the Surface. Everywhere I set up to work with it the Surface 3 catches the eye of one or two folk. They usually approach quietly and ask me what the “laptop” is.

I detach the Type Cover keyboard and hand it to them and almost always get an instant smile.

“It’s so light!”

“It’s really nice!”

“How much is it?”

The folks in Redmond need to run simple ads that just show the Surface 3 and the great design. Get the word out that it’s a full Windows tablet. It would help to throw in the keyboard with the purchase of the Surface 3.

Just sayin’.

6 thoughts on “Surface 3 impresses regular folk

• August 12, 2015 at 11:13 am

I’ll be curious to see how you like the Surface 3 compared to iPad Air 2 as I know you like to travel light. I guess you will have your iOS apps mostly with the iPhone 6 Plus. All in good time I’m sure. Enjoying reading your posts and glad to see the revival of jkonetherun!

• August 12, 2015 at 12:18 pm

The iPad Air 2 weighs 1 lb, the Surface 3 1.37lbs. Not much different in weight.

• August 12, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Nice! So if you are in read mode you may prefer the all-tablet and smaller iPad mini but for writing at length and wanting a larger real keyboard, go for the surface?

• August 12, 2015 at 12:44 pm

One more thought. That scenario might work even better with the rumored svelte iPad mini 4 with either A8x or A9 processor. Fingers crossed for the A9 but it may be similar with A8x anyway. With the less than stellar iPad sales, perhaps Apple has some leftover A8x CPUs sitting around they want to use in the next iPad mini. Hoping to return to a full strength and equal mini myself because I like the mini better if equal in power to the Air 3 (maxi). I read with light interaction at least 75% of the time and write at most 25% so the mini wins. I bought the larger microsoft universal portable keyboard so that would come with in my scenario.

• August 14, 2015 at 4:17 pm

So true. Total agreet, the tablet should be marketed and sold with keyboard as one rather than seperately to attract more buyers.